Supporting Texas Education
TEXAS YES Grants, presented by Thomas J. Henry focuses on S.T.E.A.M., innovation, development of programs and updating equipment.
This grant is available to area public, private, or charter schools and all grade levels. Consideration is also given to 501(c)(3) non-profits with a youth focus. Preference is given to Title 1 schools with a status of 80% or higher.
Since 2020, TEXAS YES has awarded a total amount of $419,160 in grants and has impacted more than 49,400 students across Texas.
All applicants are welcome to apply for a grant with a purpose of updating and creating new or existing programs around S.T.E.A.M. education.
Applicants who receive a grant must wait one cycle before applying again.
Our average grant ranges from $500 – $5,000. Larger amounts are considered for projects whose impact reaches a larger number of students.
TEXAS YES Grants
TEXAS STEAM Grants
- Jim Martin Elementary
- Frank Madla Elementary
- Collier Elementary
- SA Youth
- E.T. Wrenn Middle School
- Moses Menger Elementary
- John F. Peeler Elementary
- South Davis Elementary
- Kooken Educational Center
Presented by Thomas J. Henry
- Julian C. Gallardo Elementary
- Woodlake Elementary
- Los Encinos Elementary
- Frederick Douglass STEM Academy
- Jill Stone Elementary
- Hector P. Garcia Middle School
- W. T. White High School
- George Bush Elementary
- Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership Academy
Who can apply for this grant?
- Administrators, teachers, faculty or staff from area public or private elementary, middle school and high schools and 501(c)(3) non-profits that work with youth can apply for this grant.
How do I know if my school qualifies?
- Preference given to Title 1 schools with a status of 80% or higher. Please email Marissa.firstname.lastname@example.org with all related questions.
Does the project/program/equipment need to be purchased before the end of the ‘23 – ’24 school year?
- Equipment purchases will need to be made within 45 days of receiving funding. Programs or projects do not need to be finished by the end of the school year; however, a status report will be required within 6 months of receiving funding.
How often can I apply for funding, even if I have already received a grant?
- Applicants may only receive one (1) grant every two (2) cycles.
What item(s) will not be funded?
- 3D printers, family nights, camp, school trips, leadership programs, uniforms, rental of properties and/or salary and staff compensation, esports programs, drones, playgrounds, general furniture, travel, and rugs. General furniture includes tables, desks, chairs, bookshelves, etc. Specialty furniture will be considered.
What items will be funded?
- While we don’t have a set of guidelines, we apply toward selecting projects we fund, we do have a set of principles we use to make our decision.
- Here are a few examples of what we have been able to fund in the past:
- STEM Lab Equipment
- Space Club
- STEM Educational Kits
- Art Supplies
- Library Books ($2,500 max)
- Adaptive P.E Equipment
- Ceramics Materials
- Musical Instruments
- Coding Robots
- Wind Tunnel
- Specialty Furniture (i.e., flexible seating, wobble stools, swivel chairs, sensory products
- Hydroponic Garden
- Chicken Coops
- Science Lab Equipment for Multiple Grade Levels
I have applied for funding, what are the next steps?
- TEXAS YES staff and/or Board member(s) will review the applications. There will be additional information collected if your application is funded.
Once funding is received, what are the next steps?
- It will be required to send TEXAS YES a 6 month status report. This report will include information about how the funding was spent, the number of potential students that have been helped or planned to be helped and continuing of the project/program/etc.
Are we allowed to acknowledge our gift from TEXAS YES publicly?
- Yes, however, we ask that all press releases be sent to TEXAS YES for approval. If you are tagging us on social media, please use the following: #ApplyYESGrant
I am a first time applicant, is there a limit of funds I should request?
- If you are a first time applicant, please do not request more than $15,000.