At SA YES, we like to have fun for a cause. Last week, we hosted our annual Taste of Education Dinner and Golf Classic at The Club at Sonterra. These events help further our mission of providing school supplies to local Title 1 elementary students.
The Taste of Education Dinner was a Sunday night filled with savory creations and wine pairings by True Flavors as well as silent and live auctions. All monies raised from the event contribute to providing students with the basic school supplies they need to start the year off right – confident and motivated. During the event, the 2018 Breakie Legacy Award, a recognition which began in 2016, was presented to community leaders and organizations who have significantly impacted SA YES, by helping raise $250,000-$350,000 annually.
This years’ recipients included:
- Cox Media represented by Mary Rogers and Lena Rodriguez
- Mary has served as a SA YES Board member and volunteer and Lena has volunteered with SA YES for more than 19 years.
- iHeart Media represented by Briana Malik and Matt Martin
- For over 15 years, iHeart’s partnership has been instrumental to the success of SA YES through cash and in-kind sponsorship of fundraising events.
- Target represented by Mark Belair
- Target has supported SA YES for more than 15 years through help with fundraising events and providing volunteers.
- Roger Martin
- Roger has been instrumental in his efforts to secure funds, sponsors and volunteers for SA YES and the community of San Antonio.
The event was followed by our annual Golf Classic. Participants took to the green to play a round of golf in an effort to raise additional funds for SA YES. The Golf Classic was a success for the 21st year in a row!
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters who participated in the weekend’s events! It’s through the continuous support from our generous community that we are able to further our mission and impact the lives of students in San Antonio and surrounding areas.